Learn how the getting lighter of the one in your arms each time they breathe in, engages your own breathing from a deep level, and establishes the rhythm of the moves and stretches to come. Learn how floating someone at your heart draws you into a continuum, a moving as water, and a profound stillness. Learn the moves that open every Watsu session around the world. Done on both sides and complete in itself, this unconditional bodywork can be returned to again and again without ever exhausting its potential.
Learn long gracefully flowing transitions into and out of Watsu's major positions. Learn about your own body mechanics - how to support and move each person as effortlessly as possible in the water.
The Transition Flow follows Basic Watsu and completes Watsu 1. Learn to expand the Basic form with long gracefully flowing transitions into and out of Watsu's major positions. Learn to adapt this to people of all sizes, shapes and dispositions. Learn about your own body mechanics - how to support and move each person as effortlessly as possible in the water.
Feedback from students who have taken this class taught by
... It was really specially experience for me.
we have a wonderful meal in nature and learn Watsu program in a week.
I participated in this course and was really good.
... Try seriously.
... Very relaxing experience and probably suitable for painful and stressful clients we face daily. Worth to learn.
... - Our instructor and host were very hospitable, and welcoming.
- we were fed really WELL, very healthy and delicious food. It was beneficial: to learn better, and to have the necessary levels of energy for the many hours spent in the pool everyday.
- During the course, we had a lot of practice time (there were only 2 students, which meant an excellent instructor to student ratio!!)
- Our instructor Toru reinforced repetition of many parts of sequences (not only one movement at a time), which made us feel comfortable with transitions between positions.
- Our instructor also allowed time for peer-to-peer feedback, along with personal feedback following each practice segment. Which was extremely valuable for learning, and for building confidence and peer rapport.
- Toru is naturally a very supportive, positive, caring and open-minded individual. It was wonderful getting to know him and learning from him.
- Access to a properly heated and salinated therapy pool was also an absolute delight. THANK YOU!
... it's a inspiring course both mentally and physically.
... Great experience with Watsu 1 and I learned a lot not only the concepts about Watsu but also the philosophy of life. Thanks to WABA and my instructor, Toru Ogasawara. So I will welcome the students who are interested in Watsu to join the course and water family.